What an exciting moment in time as I run for Mayor of Chanhassen. Our community matters to me; and I am passionate about its future.
We’ve lived in Chanhassen for 12 years and know what an incredible place it is to raise a family. With two children, ages 10 and 12, we enjoy the beauty of the lakes, parks and amazing trail system; take comfort in the safety of our neighborhoods, and value the two award-winning school districts within our community.
I have proudly served as your City Councilwoman for the past 4 years, and was a member of the Parks and Recreation Commission for six years prior to that. Connecting with residents and listening to their needs has been my number one priority these last 10 years. I listened, but more importantly, I consistently represented their views at Council meetings, and facilitated conversations with the city staff to address their needs. Together, we were able to ensure their voices were being heard and actions were being taken.
Community involvement has always been paramount in my life. Some of the community organizations I have been involved with are as follows:
- Excelsior Elementary PTO – President and Vice-President
- Board Member - Tonka CARES, Drug/Alcohol Awareness and Student Advocacy
- Vice President, C.A.S.E. (Community Action for Student Education)
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
- Founding Member, Chanhassen RedBirds Baseball Team
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science
- The Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, Masters of Science, Marketing
- "Best of the Best" Award, City Council Member, Southwest News Media, November 2017
- Becky L. Sisley Award for Leadership and Community Service, Highest University of Oregon Recognition for Former Female Athlete, September 2018
These experiences and organizations have all given me insight to the vast array of community needs, families’ desires and concerns, and people’s commitment to building and living in strong communities. Staying connected and listening to the people in this community are at the foundation of being a successful mayor. I hope to have the opportunity to represent you and our community.
Thank you for your support as we look to a bright future for the City of Chanhassen.